In An Emergency
Acorn House operates an emergency service run by our own dedicated team of vets and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This service is run from our own premises (unlike some practices who require you to travel to other premises out of hours). We have a dedicated on-call nurse caring for pets who stays at the surgery overnight.
In case of an out of hours emergency please call us on:
You will hear a recorded message giving three options:
- Option 1 - to listen to our opening hours
- Option 2 - to speak to the duty nurse
- Option 3 - to speak to the on-call vet
Please select the option you require.
Remember NOT TO PANIC and state your name, address, the animal's name and the cause for concern. You will be questioned and given advice or, in some cases, asked to attend the surgery.
Our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
If you have not telephoned the on-call Veterinary Surgeon or have found injured wildlife, please call the emergency service on the above number.
Out of hours service is provided from:
Saturday 4:30pm to Monday 8am
All day Sunday
Out of hours consult fees are as follows:
8pm-11pm/6:30am-8am; Saturday 4:30pm-8pm; Sunday 8am-8pm: £146.11
You may be entitled to receive our Out of Hours Consultation voucher. This gives a £25 discount off our OOH fee.
To qualify for this discount you must comply with both of the following conditions:-
1) Be in possession of a loyalty voucher (this will be given at the vaccination consultation)
2) Your animal must have been vaccinated (primary course or booster) at Acorn House within the previous 13 months.
You should call your own vet if you are not registered with us and you will be directed to their 24 hour emergency service. Please note we are unable to give advice to non-registered clients as we cannot access your records.
- Practice Newsletter
- Read the latest information, offers and advice by reading our practice newsletter.
Acorn House Veterinary Surgery
Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, MK41 7HN