Whilst we do not currently have a vacancy, we always look forward to talking to professionals who may be interested in working for us and who share our ethos. Please send your CV to [email protected] and we’ll contact you for a chat.
We are the Royal Veterinary College’s workplace teaching hospital in Bedford. We operate as a successful, busy, first opinion practice with students observing how the practice functions. Whilst we are owned by the RVC we operate as an independent practice, giving us the best of both worlds. We accommodate a variety of experience levels from new graduates through vets looking to go to the next level clinically to senior leadership positions. We have excellent facilities, exciting caseload and offer support for undertaking certificates.
- 100% small animal hospital (single site)
- 9 vet team with AVPs and certificate holders
- ISFM Gold standard cat friendly clinic with separate cat ward
- Doppler ultrasound, digital x-ray, oscillometric blood pressure, full in house lab with blood gas analysis and tonometer
- Dental suite with digital dental x ray
- Competitive salary with out of hours bonus scheme
- BSAVA and VDS subscriptions paid
- 1 full day off each week
- RVN on site 24h
- OOH rota (from home) for nights and weekends shared between 8 vets
- Generous CPD allowance including unlimited online CPD with the RVC and full funding for certificates /AVP
- High volume, exciting caseload
- Practice Newsletter
- Read the latest information, offers and advice by reading our practice newsletter.
Acorn House Veterinary Surgery
Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, MK41 7HN