Come and join us at the Royal Veterinary College’s workplace teaching hospital in Bedford! We operate as a successful first opinion practice with students observing how the practice functions. We are looking for a small animal vet to join our expanding team. This position would suit an experienced vet wishing to develop clinically as we have excellent facilities, exciting caseload and offer support for undertaking certificates. Senior vet position (with management duties) available for AVP applicants. Opportunities to develop a teaching career (funding for PGCert in Veterinary Education) if desired.
• 100% small animal hospital (single site)
• 10 vet team with AVPs and certificate holders
• ISFM Gold standard cat friendly clinic with separate cat ward
• Doppler ultrasound, digital x-ray, laparoscopy, endoscopy, blood pressure, full in-house lab, blood gas analys is and tonometer
• Dental suite with digital dental xray
• TPLO kit, PAX locking plate system, MicroAire drill/saw
• Competitive salary with out of hours bonus scheme
• BSAVA and VDS subscriptions paid
• 1 full weekday off each week
• Nurse on site 24h
• OOH rota (from home) for nights and weekends (1 week night every 2 weeks; 1 weekend on call every 2 months).
• Generous CPD allowance including unlimited online CPD with the RVC and full funding for certificates /AVP
• High volume, exciting caseload
Enquiries and applications to Sheldon Middleton, Practice Principal, on [email protected]
Meet & Great postiton
We are looking for a natural communicator to
deliver a professional meet and greet service for our clients at Acorn House
Our customer meet and greet position is a key contact role and is crucial to the success of the practice
Applicants will need to have excellent communication skills with a professional and friendly approach
Good IT skills
Exceptional support and training will be given to the right candidate.
Fixed term contract until 31st March 21
30 hours a week working 6 hours a day from either
8am – 2pm or 2pm – 8pm
Some Saturday working may be required
This role will involve working outside
Salary – minimum wage
To find out more and apply for this position please contact our Customer Care Manager Tracie.
- Practice Newsletter
- Read the latest information, offers and advice by reading our practice newsletter.
Acorn House Veterinary Surgery
Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, MK41 7HN