Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily. The best way to do this is to discuss it with the person who is looking after your pet at the time of the problem.
If this hasn’t resolved the problem and you would like to complain formally, then please let us know as soon as you can by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org This will be directed to the Practice Principal, Katharine Nelson.
- Writing to Acorn House and addressing it for the attention of the Practice Principal, Katharine Nelson (Address on our website)
It is better to contact us as quickly as possible, so please try to write to us within 2 weeks. This gives us the best opportunity to investigate and resolve the issue.
Please include the following information to help us in investigating the problem:
- Your name, address and pets name
- What happened? Tell us about the nature of the complaint.
- When did this happen
- Who was involved.
- What would you like the outcome to be?
What we will do
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 7 working days and we will let you know who is dealing with your complaint, and when you can expect to receive a reply.
- In most cases we hope to give you a full reply within 14 working days, but if it is going to take longer we will get in touch to give you to let you know what is happening.
When we look into your complaint, we will:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong.
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.
If you feel this doesn't resolve your complaint:
We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong. This does not affect your right to approach the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, if you are dissatisfied with the outcome.