Unfortunately, animals suffer from accidents and illness just like us. We are very proud to be able to offer our patients a very high standard of care and have a well staffed and well equipped surgery. However there is no NHS for animals and the cost of treatment has to be met by the animal’s owner.
These costs can really add up – for example a dog or a cat involved in a road accident may require emergency attendance by a vet and nurse in the middle of the night, X-rays, medication, a drip, intensive nursing care and complicated operations to mend broken bones or repair other injuries. The cost of this sort of treatment can easily run into thousands of pounds.
You may be surprised to hear that you are more likely to claim on your pet insurance than your car or household policies (Allianz Insurance plc). In fact, in our experience if you don’t need to claim on your pet insurance you really are very lucky indeed!
It’s important to be aware that not all pet insurance is the same. Some policies limit the amount of time or money that you can claim for so don’t just shop around on price alone.
At Acorn House we recommend Petplan’s Covered For Life® insurance for the following reasons:
- Petplan’s Covered For Life® policies guarantee your veterinary fees cover is renewed each year no matter how often you claim (providing you renew your policy each year with no break in cover).
- Petplan doesn’t place exclusions at renewal on their Covered For Life® policies so on-going conditions such as eczema continue to be covered year after year.
- Petplan won’t increase your premium or excess just because you make a claim.
- Petplan is a pet insurance specialist so they understand pets and work closely with vets, charities and breeders.
Click here to find out more about the different types of pet insurance available.
Why not try before you buy? For 4 weeks’ free Petplan insurance simply click here.
Petplan is a trading name of Pet Plan Limited and Allianz Insurance plc. Acorn House Veterinary Surgery is an Appointed Representative of Pet Plan Limited and is not part of the Allianz (UK) Group.
- Practice Newsletter
- Read the latest information, offers and advice by reading our practice newsletter.
Acorn House Veterinary Surgery
Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, MK41 7HN